Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Simple Web Links Boxes
A Simple Web Links box lets you to present online resources with brief descriptions that pop-up when the cursor is moved over the title.
Descriptions are limited to 256 characters.
(See Link Options for the differences between Links and Lists, Simple Web Links, and links in text boxes.)
Adding/Editing Items in a Simple Web Links Box
Adding items to a Simple Web Links box:
- Click on Add a new Link
- Fill in the fields in the new link form (see the screenshot below) as follows:
- Link Title: The name of the resource.
- Add "(WCC Community Only)" if it is a restricted resource.
- Link URL: The web address of the resource, if it is online
- Make sure to include the WCC proxy prefix for a restricted resource, either by including it with the link URL or by checking off the "Add proxy URL" box (but not both).
- Leave blank if it is not an online resource.
- Description (Optional): A description of the resource, no more than 256 characters.
- Click on Create Link
Editing items in a Simple Web Links box:
- Log in to the page with the Simple Web Links box you want to edit.
- Click on the tools icon next to the item you want to edit. This will bring up the link form.
- Edit whichever field or fields you want to change. (You can also choose to delete the item.)
- Click on Save Changes.
Reordering items in a Simple Web Links box:
- Click on Reorder Links at the bottom of the box.
- Drag and drop the links into the order you want.
- Click on Update Link Order
Note: Descriptive text about a Simple Web Links box as a whole can be entered at the top of the box.