Select a topic for your research paper from the list. You may combine/modify any topic you feel will result in a creative paper. You are required to use APA format. The paper should be a minimum of 10 pages, and a maximum of 12 pages. (NOT including bibliography)
You may use a variety of resources to complete this paper, but must use a minimum of four sources. These can including your text book, peer-reviewed journal articles, and RELIABLE online sources. Where appropriate, be certain to use correct citation format and include a bibliography.
You will do a presentation of approximately 10 minutes in class on the topic from your paper. Do NOT read your paper to the class. Feel free to use audiovisual assistance and handouts. The purpose of this exercise is to demonstrate mastery of a particular topic and to teach your classmates about the topic in a limited period of time. Be as creative as you can and engage the class.
For information on due dates check BlackBoard. If you cannot find the answer there, THEN ask your professor.
You may combine/modify any topic you feel will result in a creative paper.
1. How to maintain professional/ethical standards as a student radiographer.
2. Impact of COVID-19 on front-line workers. Has it changed your perspective on pursuing a career as a Rad Tech?
3. Prospective student’s awareness (or lack thereof) of the requirements to complete a radiography program.
4. Radiologic technology as a career in today’s changing radiology department.
5. How does a medical error affect a radiology patient? (you may incorporate recorded case studies)
6. Airport x-ray scanners- what is the hype about?
7. Digital mammography; its uses and effects on breast imaging.
8. Inappropriate touching: How an imaging professional can protect against such accusations by a patient.
9. Professional relationships and behavior of students in the clinical setting.
10. Legalization of marijuana: how will this affect the today’s user?
11. Impact of information technology in a radiology department
12. Imaging principles that apply to recognizing the diagnosis on conventional radiographs.
13. An effective way to prepare high school students for a career in the Health Sciences.
14. Forensics- does it play a role in radiology?
15. Compare radiologic science education in the US to Canada and European countries.
16. Continuing education is mandatory for all practicing radiologic science professionals. Will recertification improve the imaging specialists of tomorrow?
17. Clinical sites collaborating with the education institution is a good thing. Can the two departments work effectively in the education of students?
18. Job market prospects today: is this a viable career path?
19. Patient care skills for the entry level imaging professional today.
20. Radiology departments require professionals with higher academic qualifications; what is driving this change?
21. Effects HIPAA regulations have on radiology departments.
22. The effects of integrated electronic delivery of clinical images and data in radiology.
23. Impact of new technologies in radiology on patient care.
24. Requirements to become a radiologic science educator.
25. Safety requirements by the Joint Commission for today’s radiology department.
26. Interventional radiology in the clinical setting: it’s impact on student radiographers.
27. What do you think the impact will be in ten years regarding the ARRT certification examination on a practicing imaging specialist regarding post primary certification areas?
28. The art and science of radiographic imaging: view this from a first year student’s perspective.
29. The panic button was pushed to educate more radiographers, but where are the jobs today?
30. Are you preparing yourself for the ever-changing radiology profession? Develop career preparations to be considered.
31. Is working as a PACS administrator an alternative for new graduates unable to obtain work as a radiographer?
32. Do clinical instructors impact a student’s clinical education?
33. What impact will Affordable Care Act legislation have on healthcare and radiology?
34. Select one peer-reviewed article or directed reading article from the ASRT Radiologic Technology Journal and give your impressions/additional information/current information regarding the subject matter (available via CINHAL)