What Is Interlibrary Loan?
Books and journals that are not available at the Westchester Community College Library can be requested through our interlibrary loan service associated with your Library Account. View ILL Flyer [PDF]
Who Is Eligible?
This service is available to currently enrolled Westchester Community College students, faculty, staff and administrators only.
How Do I Request an Interlibrary Loan?
To request a book or article for Interlibrary Loan, take the following steps:
- Click on the Catalog tab and search for the book<. Difficulty locating the item? Make it an Advance Search and select Search other Libraries.
- Looking for anarticle? Click Advance Search and select Search SUNY Libraries
- When the item is located, click the link Get it.
- Under How to Get itsign in with your MYWCC Email/Password.
- Click Resource Sharing, under How to Get it.
- Review the request and click Send Request.
- You will receive a confirmation and status updates via email.
Questions? Contact a librarian https://answers.sunywcc.edu
You will receive confirmation of the loan and status updates via your SUNY Westchester Community College e-mail address (my.sunywcc.edu or sunywcc.edu).
- Questions? Chat or e-mail a Librarian form the Ask-A-Librarian page.
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies and other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One specified condition is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use", that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of the copyright law.
If you have any questions concerning Interlibrary Loans, e-mail Domenick Gasparro at email@example.com.