Annotated Bibliography: Assignment
The requirements are:
An Overview: This will be a paragraph or two in which you:
• Explain your topic, question and claim or working thesis. Your central claim must be underlined.
• Summarize what you have found out so far from your sources, what you still want/need to find out, and where you might look.
Then, list each of your sources in MLA work cited format and, below EVERY source, write 1-2 paragraphs in which you:
• Summarize the basic claim of the source.
• Respond to the source for example agree, disagree, raise questions, etc.
• Plan. Explain how you will use this source in your research paper. Be specific.
• Synthesize. Explain the way this work fits with–or challenges–other information you have about the topic.
Finally, you need enough sources to address your research question from a variety of perspectives; 5 is the minimum. One source must be a peer-review journal. One source must oppose/complicate or disagree with your position. At least half of your sources must be from a different author and/or publication. Any source without an author(s) nor blog sites where blogger’s expertise can’t be established beyond a reasonable doubt is not acceptable for this assignment.
Where applicable please follow MLA Standards and Guidelines such as header, page, and font type and size.