Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In class you discussed controversial or debated topics in a variety of subject areas (the arts, politics, medicine, culture, history, etc.). Now you will write a paper on a controversial topic.
The paper must contain:
- A research proposal
- A thesis statement arguing for one viewpoint.
- Present two points of view and document all sources in MLA format.
- A conclusion reinforcing your opinion.
- A annotated bibliography
- The paper must be 12 pages.
This guide will assist you in completing your research assignment.
The resources on these pages will demonstrate how to:
- Develop a search strategy to find information on your topic using the library databases
- Evaluate sources
- Cite your sources
- Avoid plagiarism
- Get additional help
Public Services Librarian